It’s finally here. Enforcement of the Collective Redress / Representative Actions Directive (RAD) in the EU has now begun. At this time, six member states have adopted a national translation of this law and nineteen states are engaged in ongoing discussion and drafting. The landscape is changing rapidly and our team is tracking these developments.
Are you ready for this shift in litigation culture? Backed and supported by the growing EU third party litigation funding industry, the RAD will provide an unprecedented procedural mechanism to bring class and consumer actions on a mass scale against EU traders. These actions can be premised upon one or more of 66+ substantive regulations that cover everything from the finance industry to environmental regulations to product and artificial intelligence liability. If you have not prepared, now is the time.
EU Collective Redress Directive Series
- The EU’s Collective Redress Directive — The Potential for Collective Consumer Lawsuits: An Introduction — May 2021
- The EU’s Collective Redress Directive — A Look at What Constitutes a ‘Trader’ — June 2021
- The EU’s Collective Redress Directive — A Look at What Constitutes a ‘Qualified Entity’ — August 2021
- The EU’s Collective Redress Directive — An Analysis of the Interplay With EU General Data Protection (GDPR) — November 2021
- The EU’s Collective Redress Directive — What Is Included and Excluded as Potential Bases for Collective Redress Lawsuits? — December 2021
- The EU’s Collective Redress Directive — Are Collective Redress Suits Already Happening in Some EU Member States? — March 2022
- The Interplay Between the EU’s Collective Redress Directive and GDPR — November 2021
- European Commission Updates Liability Rules to the Digital Age — September 2022
- Class Action Filings on the Rise in Europe — November 2022
- Class Action Filings on the Rise in Europe, Especially in Product Liability Cases Ahead of Full Implementation of the EU’s Representative Actions Directive — March 2023
- The EU’s Collective Redress Directive – Are Collective Redress Suits Already Happening in Some EU Member States? — March 2023
- New EU Directive Could Lead to a Profusion of Class Actions —
The Banker, 12 April 2023
The material contained in this communication is informational, general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. The material contained in this communication should not be relied upon or used without consulting a lawyer to consider your specific circumstances. This communication was published on the date specified and may not include any changes in the topics, laws, rules or regulations covered. Receipt of this communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship. In some jurisdictions, this communication may be considered attorney advertising.